Welcome to LifeLine Software, Inc., developers of RadCalc® software that provides fully automated independent dosimetric validation calculations for conventional, IMRT, and VMAT treatment planning systems. At LifeLine Software Inc., our vision is to create the highest quality software products that exceed our customers' expectations. We will strive to achieve this vision by our commitment and dedication to continuous improvement of all we do in responding to the needs of our customers.
We are pleased to announce that in June 2016 LifeLine Software will celebrate its 17th year anniversary. During this time thanks to you our valued customers, we have become the number one utilized dosimetric verification software worldwide. More than 2,100 Radiation Oncology Centers across the globe count on RadCalc® for their dosimetric verification.
We greatly appreciate the trust our customers have put in our company and our product. We also appreciate the valuable feedback we have received over the last 17 years that has made RadCalc® the most complete dosimetric verification software on the market today.
LifeLine Software, Inc. is pleased to inform you that a new version of RadCalc (version 220.127.116.11) is now available. We are currently sending out an email announcement to all of our RadCalc clients who have an up to date maintenance renewal that provides instructions on how to download and install this latest version.
Below is just a sample of the numerous features and benefits that are available to all RadCalc clients who have an up to date maintenance renewal. For a complete list and detailed description of all of the 18.104.22.168 changes, please login to the Customer Area of our website and download the change log from the My Institution page.
TomoTherapy Calculation Support:
3D Dose Volume Brachytherapy:
- Gamma, Distance to Agreement, and Percentage Difference analysis of 3D dose volumes.
- Streamlined layout change to separate plan related items from analysis related items while also providing access to commonly used items such as ROIs, Points, Isodose information, and display options.
- LDR calculations now allow the ability to utilize more than one source model in a calculation.
- Support of more dose map and fluence map formats for Image Analysis. These include RT Dose files from Eclipse/ARIA and DICOM exported Dose Map files from Pinnacle.
- EPID image files can now be imported into RadCalc using the DICOM RT format.
- Various tools were added providing the ability to scale, shift, rotate, and flip the images horizontally or vertically.
- Rules based processing on imported plans was added allowing pre-defined DVH Protocols, IsoLevel sets, and/or Printout Templates to be applied during import. This feature is intended to simplify the process of performing a 3D dose comparison and will help to fully automate the process of performing 3D dose calculations when using RadCalcAIR.
- Some enhancements were made to the DICOM import for Brachytherapy calculations allowing the dose to calculation points to be imported if the Referenced Dose Reference Coefficient information is provided. This applies to Varian’s VariSeed product.
- Some modifications were made specifically to handle some of the unique DICOM implementations of the OnCentra Prostate TPS.
- The ability to create custom printout templates for attachment to calculations
- A Treatment Schedule Summary printout option was added for brachytherapy plans that contain a treatment schedule. This report provides a concise summary for each treatment date and time that includes the total time for each applicator as well as a decay factor to indicate the fractional increase in delivery time.
Verify and Record Export:
- The ability to export plan information via DICOM RT has been added. The main purpose of this feature is to allow users to export information to ARIA.
- Multiple diode readings for each beam can be added and individually approved.
- A summary printout of all diode readings can be printed.
- In the calculation preview, SSD values for diode readings are now displayed along with the measured by and approval information for each diode.
- Dose action levels for superficial calculations were added.
RadCalc AIR (Automated Import & Reporting):
- Rules based processing was added in order to automatically assign DVH Protocols and Isodose Line sets to an imported calculation.
- Printout templates can be defined for Special Physics Consults and any other purpose. Using rules based processing; these templates can automatically be assigned to a calculation upon import.
If you would like to learn more about version 22.214.171.124 and the TomoTherapy module, please contact our sales department for more information.
We are excited to announce that LifeLine Software, Inc., and Radyalis LLC, a leader in advanced particle therapy software, have formed a long-term collaborative relationship to allow LifeLine Software to bring to market the next-generation portfolio of industry-changing quality assurance solutions.
Read our Press Release for more details.